Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Coursework B Practical - Sensory Evaluation

In order for us (the future home econs teachers) to be able to faciliate Coursework B well, it is necessary that we experience the process of doing coursework so that we can understand the requirements of Coursework B better.

During the Coursework B practical, my group was assigned to conduct the triangle test to determine whether the students could differentiate between 10% and 11% sugar solutions, and also 10% and 13% sugar solutions.


My group mate preparing the samples for the triangle test


Station masters for the day!


Our experimental set-up


My group sampled the solutions we've prepared before allowing the rest of the class do the triangle test. The strange thing was that, my group had no problems differentiating the sugar solutions of different concentrations. However, the class did not manage to choose the correct odd sample.

Why is this so??? I've suggested some explanations for the experimental data in my Coursework B report =)

No comments:

Post a Comment