Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My apple crumble vs. THE apple crumble


The apple crumble that I made! doesn't look too appealing (compared to the one below), but trust me, it tastes great! simply heavenly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. My bro loves this and will always have seconds =) Here is the recipe:

Apple Crumble

Makes 4-6 servings

For the apple filling:
5 cups of apples (peeled, cored and diced)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon

For the crumble topping:
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup cereal (not the breakfast kind of cereal, I used Nestle brand)
2/3 brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter

Method:
- Toss the apples with sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, prepare crumble topping by mixing flour, cereal, sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Place apples in a 8 x 8 inch baking dish and pour crumble topping on top.
- Bake in preheated oven (180 deg C) until apple filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown in colour, approximately 35-45 min.

Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!



Ok i did mention that my apple crumble is yummy, but this is THE ONE. It is simply out of the world! I always order this dessert when I go to that particular place (if anyone is interested to know the place, you can ask me.haha)

Apple crumble is my all-time fav dessert. (p.s. we can have more than 1 fav dessert rite? =p)
It would be interesting to find out the dessert that people like most, so join the poll my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment